MarkTapioKines made another thought-provoking meme.
1. When was the last time you bowed your head in prayer (even if you didn't pray)?
In August when we were visiting Brugos' family. His aunt requested grace before eating. I did not pray, but I did mumble a polite “Amen”.
2. Name a band or performer whose final studio album was on par with their earlier releases (meaning good, not bad!).
1965 by the Afghan Whigs.
3. In what ways do you consider yourself “punk rock”?
Like Mark, I am openly atheist. I like the idea of socialism. I have 3 tattoos. I attempt to do unusual things with my hair. My favorite band of all time is The Clash. I'm listening to the Buzzcocks as I type. I'm veg. for political reasons. I ride the bus. My friend Nicole noted on Friday that Brugos and I have a lot of subversive skull imagery in our house. That last one might just make us morbid.
4. In what ways do you consider yourself a yuppie?
I own a lot of stuff. I have an increasing enjoyment for good wine and food made by trained chefs.
5. Name a food you loved as a kid that you wouldn't eat now:
6. Name a food you love now that you wouldn't eat as a kid:
7. What is/are the best thing(s) you're doing for the environment?
Riding the bus. Being veg. Buying organic vegetables. Recycling everything I possibly can.
8. What is/are the worst thing(s) you're doing to the environment?
Not buying and using more cloth bags for groceries. (I only have one that I bring with me to buy lunch and office snacks at Whole Foods). And I'm kind of wasteful of water. I'm sure there are loads of things, that I don't even thing about right now. Halp!
9. What charities do you routinely give to?
Human Rights Campaign. Amnesty International. I don't have a regular animal charity I give to, but I usually send a couple bucks to each one that pops up in my mailbox. Any suggestions?
10. What other non-profits (art museums, public radio stations, political organizations like the ACLU) do you financially support?
KEXP Public Radio. Northwest Film Forum.
11. What do you consider to be your biggest luxuries, i.e. something a little costly that you could technically do without, but don't want to?
Soon to be my mom's hand-me-down car (the car will be cheap, but the insurance won't be). My billions of DVDs.
12. If one of your best friends decides to get married, would you rather be a member of the wedding party or just a guest?
Just a guest is fine. Being a bridesmaid is stressful.
13. Would you rather rob a bank and go to jail for 5 years (and not keep any of the money), or murder somebody and never get caught?
I'm with Mark. I pick murder as long as it's someone who deserves it.
14. Post a link to, or embed, a video on YouTube that you found very funny.
15. Where will you be this Thanksgiving?
In the Old Dominion for the first time in 5 years with my dad and step family. Brugos will get to see where I grew up and we will get to see the sun. I love friend Thanksgivings but I think this will be pretty fun.
16. What is your excitement level over next year's new Indiana Jones movie?
I think it's going to be awful (the title alone!) and so does my subconscious. In part of one of my dreams, I was in an arcade and there were all these men in Papier-mâché mouse masks holding axes. I was told they were a promotion for the upcomning Indiana Jones movie. On second thought, if those guys were in it, maybe it wouldn't be so bad…
17. What's your favorite non-English language movie?
Story of Riki.
18. In all your life, what's the longest period of time you've lived at one address? How about the longest after college?
11 years on Rockport Landing Place in RVA. In Washington, I haven't lived at at any one address for longer than two years. Although Brugos and I have no plans for leaving the Bettie Page House.
19. Other than a car, any life forms, or the home itself, what's the single most valuable item in your home?
Besides my engagement ring which would come with me if fleeing from a fire or other disasters, nothing is really monetarily valuable but there are plenty of things with sentimental value. I'd probably grab my signed copies of “Life Without God” and “Perv: A Love Story” and my painting of Crispin Glover juggling a cat and a bowl of jello (the only piece of art I've ever bought).
20. Whose life would you rather live – Bruce Springsteen's or Sting's?
Springsteen. I agree with Mark, Sting is a cunt.