Meme from ZeroShapiro about youth.
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Playing with my best friend, Joe Schultz. His Lego collection was teh awesome and his mom made us Nutella sandwiches.
2. Who was your first childhood enemy?
Any girl in my class, actually. They all hated me because I only hung out with boys. Then when the boys started liking girls, I didn't really have any friends. Luckily, I moved schools.
3. Who was your first love? Do you know what happened to him/her?
If you mean crush (non-fictional) than it was this hippie senior named Jeremiah when I was in 8th grade. He had big curly locks and rosy cheeks. I know that's a long time to go without any real crushes, but pretty much every single guy I knew was an asshole until high school.
4. Who taught you how to drive?
My parents took turns and then, when they couldn't stand it anymore, they hired someone. I don't remember his name but I had to go to the mall for the lessons.
5. Where did you go to college and how/why did you make that decision?
University of Puget Sound. I almost went to a couple of other schools. I got into Emerson in Boston and Evergreen. I nixed Boston because of the winters and I nixed Evergreen because I thought I needed a more structure curriculum. In the end, it really came down to small liberal arts college in a city I liked. Yes, I liked Tacoma. Still do.
6. What was your favorite hangout as a teenager?
Grace Street downtown. Punk rock shows and all-night diners!
7. Who is your oldest friend that you still keep in contact with?
Does being MySpace friends with high school colleagues count? If not then it's Kristie Keely with whom I became friends my freshman year of college. That's 11 years, ya'll.
8. What was your first job out of college? If you didn't go to college, what was your first “real” job?
My first job out of college was a temp. I temped for a long long time. That is hardly a real job. I guess my first REAL job wasn't until my 3-year tenure at the investment banking firm. Sad.
9. What did you do for your 21st birthday?
I went to The Owl and Thistle. I do believe a fight broke out.
10. Tell me the story of how you lost your virginity.
I was sixteen. We were in my bedroom. We'd just smoked pot in my closet. My parents were downstairs. It hurt a lot and was over very very quickly. At the time, I felt like the world's oldest virgin and just wanted to get it over with before I turned 17 (which was creeping up in 3 months). Like Elyse, I'm very relieved that sex has gotten much much much better.
Also, Happy Halloween.